• Larry Pretty Weasel (Crow), a former Hardin High School standout who once scored 58 points in three-quarters of play in the 1960s, years before the 3-point line was put into the high school game. He went on to compete at Rocky Mountain College.
• Marvin Camel (Salish-Kootenai), formerly of Ronan and Pablo on the Flathead Indian Reservation, is the former light-heavyweight boxing champion.
• Malia Kipp of the Blackfeet tribe, the first recruit of an on-reservation player by Montana basketball coach Robin Selvig, in 1992.
• Louie Longee (Fort Peck Assiniboine-Sioux), who led the Poplar Indians to state Class C titles in 1933 and 1934.
• Phillip Red Eagle (Fort Peck Assiniboine-Sioux), played for Brockton High School between 1933-36, with the Warriors losing only three games during that period.
• Pete Conway (Blackfeet), is a former standout basketball player from Browning High School and Eastern Montana College.
• Sam Horn (Crow), was an all-around stellar athlete and state champion.